Sunday, 20 November 2011

General maintenance

Since the season ended, we have been doing a few small jobs and preparing for bigger ones to come.

We had a long-ish meeting with Sara to agree what the programme of work should be.
We had a good tidy-up in the workshop.


Richard fabricated one of the metal structures to modify the end of the launder and we tried it in place.

Ray inserted a small strip of wood onto the end of the launder bottom so that the lip is now parallel to the wheel.


We made a trash strainer out of chicken wire for the mill end of the head race.


We dismantled the stone furniture and hoovered out the generous layer of flour stuck to the inside.
We measured up for the timber we need to repair the launder and to re-line the wheel.
We designed a grain storage bin.

No comments:

Post a comment